Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 08:00:37 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Aside from what Stefan mentioned, lsp-mode has another problem: it
>   > encourages users to, and even automatically downloads proprietary
>   > software from the internet.
>
> This suggests that lsp-mode is poison.  Recommending it in Emacs might
> put us in a morally contradictory position.
>
> Would you please explain more about this?  Perhaps give some names to
> the programs in the scenario, and say how they relate to each other?

lsp-dart-dap-setup tries to download a VS Code extension from the
following URL:

"https://github.com/Dart-Code/Dart-Code/releases/download/v3.25.1/dart-code-3.25.1.vsix";

But the situation seems to have improved since I last tried it, as the
zip archive seems to contain a license and non-minified code now.