Re: Building a release tarball generates trampoline files in eln-cache

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Building a release tarball generates trampoline files in eln-cache
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 09:04:28 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
>> Cc: eggert@cs.ucla.edu, kbrown@cornell.edu, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 07:35:49 +0000
>>
>> ced72b6e4c should fix this, please have a look if it works for you when
>> you've the time.
>
> Thanks.  Now those subr--trampoline*.eln files are no longer under
> eln-cache, but they are directly under native-lisp/, not under its
> 28.0.60-xxxx/ subdirectory.  That doesn't sound right, does it?

Correct, it does not.  2971a6890f hopefully should fix this.

Sorry I don't know how to test the build over the release tarball so
haven't tested it, unless I've made some other stupid error this should
work.

> And I
> think it's because of that the built Emacs won't start normally,
> showing these errors at startup:
>
>   lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.elc: Error: Symbol’s function definition is void:
> gv-setter
>   lisp/term/xterm.elc: Error: Symbol’s function definition is void: t
>
> Ken, don't you see this problem in your Cygwin build of the pretest
> tarball?

Perhaps he still had the necessary trampolines previously compiled
reachable by Emacs?

BR

  Andrea