Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 17:07:55 +0000

["C-c C-c"]

The string-in-a-vector syntax is the easiest to handle -- it's very regular, well-understood syntax that doesn't look magical.

And since it's totally non-ambiguous, and we could make it error out on everything that's not valid.

It's still not clear to me why it's necessary to introduce a fifth syntax for key bindings.

Here's a more detailed patch, which isn't a proof of concept anymore. It performs a check of the input string, and if it happens to have the "strict" kbd syntax (the one that's used everywhere), converts it with kbd. It passes make check, and does not seem to pose problems elsewhere.