Re: ELPA: new package nano-agenda

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA: new package nano-agenda
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 19:05:37 -0400

> Yes, I'd be glad to have ts.el in GNU ELPA.

That'd be nice.

> And I'd be glad to remove the dependency on s.el to facilitate that.

Yes, that'd be necessary before we can add it to GNU ELPA.

> The only potential issue that I can see is that it currently emits
> extra warnings at load time (or is it compile time?  I forget...) on
> Emacs 28 due to more strict checking in the byte compiler.

That's fine (code doesn't have to be bug-free, luckily, otherwise not
only GNU ELPA would be empty, but Emacs wouldn't exist either).

>> What might be an issue is if the "ts-" namespace is considered to be
>> "too valuable", as was the issue with "s-" and "f-". The maintainers
>> would have to decide on that, I can only speculate.

two-letter (well, 3 if you count the dash) prefixes are fine, thanks
(we have loads of them).

        Stefan