Re: SVG widget in GNU Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: SVG widget in GNU Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:15:02 +0800

Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> writes:

> Now you can use SVG widget in GNU Emacs. That is, use an SVG image or
> fragment as background for push-button widget in Emacs buffer. You can
> also specify the width and height of the widget for finer
> control. Generally speaking, you can use any type of image for this
> purpose. But SVG suits best because you can draw widget of any size
> without any distortion.

I remember a proprietary version of Emacs (not derived from GNU Emacs)
having the ability to display arbitrary X Toolkit (such as Motif or
Athena widgets) widgets inside frames, along with providing protocol
bindings to X-Windows.

Would it make sense to extend the existing xwidget feature to support
this?  Now that I think of it, I think such a feature would greatly
benefit GNU Emacs.