Re: Windows Binaries Release: was The emacs-28 release branch

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Windows Binaries Release: was The emacs-28 release branch
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:24:17 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Hi Corwin
>
> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>
>> Phil and I have been trying to connect to walk through the process,
>> also.  I would welcome you, given we can eventually connect and you
>> are interested.
>
> Did you already get some files and do you know whether Phil has setup a
> repository for the process?

All of the files needed to build the windows binaries are in the main
repository, specifically in admin/nt/dist-build.

I use a few other launch scripts which the python or shell script. This
is just so that I could build release or snapshot builds from the same
git checkout (or rather multiple worktrees of the same git repo) with
ease.

After that, you need a windows box, with a particular directory
structure. This is documented here:

admin/nt/dist-build/README-scripts

but it's a bit baroque and may not be completely accurate as I am
probably the only person to have run this stuff since Emacs-25.

Phil