Re: bug#49265: [External] : bug#49265: 28.0.50; repeat mode feature requ

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: bug#49265: [External] : bug#49265: 28.0.50; repeat mode feature request
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:55:10 +0200

    Juri> Maybe it would be sufficient just to say that a key is
    >> bound to a lambda?
    >>
    >> Iʼd rather have a real function name to refer to than a lambda, but
    >> itʼs up to you, I guess.

    Juri> But this means adding a new command with a name e.g.
'other-window-backward'
    Juri> that will cycle windows in the opposite direction.

As I said: itʼs up to you.

BTW, I tried using 'substitute-command-keys' to do this, since itʼs
more elegant, but it gave an unusual result for undo:

    (substitute-command-keys "\\<undo-repeat-map>\\[undo]")
    =>#("C-x u" 0 5
      (font-lock-face help-key-binding face help-key-binding))

which is the global binding, not the repeat-map binding. Any ideas?

Robert