Re: Dark mode on Windows

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Dark mode on Windows
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 08:56:35 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> AFAIK, in the GTK build the GTK itself determines how the decorations
> look, and it does that according to the system theme.  We also support
> GSettings.

I wasn't talking about toolkit decorations in general, but the window
decorations.  As they stand, they are determined by the window manager,
but GTK provides the ability to force the use of client side
decorations, where GTK (and programs) can then modify the style used for
the decorations manually.