Re: Entering emojis

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:54:58 +0000

OK, here's my VS-16 question.

WARNING SIGN looks like ⚠. With a VS-16 it looks like ⚠️. How do I know that I'm supposed to add a VS-16 to that character to get the emoji?

Each emoji has an Emoji_Presentation property.

Those with Emoji_Presentation = yes should by default have an emoji presentation (the second warning sign above).

Those with Emoji_Presentation = no should by default have a text presentation (the first warning sign above).

The variation selectors are used as a toggle: VS-15 is used to request a text presentation for an emoji which has an Emoji_Presentation = yes, VS-15 is used to request an emoji presentation for an emoji which has an Emoji_Presentation = no.