Re: Dark mode on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dark mode on Windows
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:19:57 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 21:49:43 +0200
>
> Going back to your patch, it is okay. This thread was muddled by some
> interventions who showed no understanding of the topic. You must care
> only about Eli, you don't need to cater to anybody else's requests, much
> less when it is obvious that they don't understand the topic (nor even
> are they the target users!)

We are waiting for Vince's legal paperwork to be completed, and then
the changes will be installed.

I think we should add support for changing the system theme after
Emacs was started, if that's possible.  There's a WM message to that
effect, AFAICT; the problem is that the way the code was written by
Vince, it only uses the theme at frame creation time, so we need to
figure out how to change the appearance of an existing frame.