Re: Entering emojis

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:33:04 +0300

> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:05:31 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>
> cc: mattiase@acm.org, raman@google.com, schwab@linux-m68k.org,
>     stefankangas@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > Hmm... it seems you removed U+13430 VERTICAL JOINER?  Why is that?  Is
> > it only because removing them yields the correct display, or there's
> > some deeper, non-phenomenological reason?
>
> Indeed, it's because removing them yields the correct display with both
> LibreOffice and hb-view.  Which I guess means that it's the correct
> string.  But I'm not an aegyptologist...

There are examples of hieroglyph formatting in section 11.4 of the
Unicode Standard: they show the sequence of codepoints and the
expected display.  Do these work correctly with that font?  I mean
figures 11-2, 11-3, and 11-4, as well as tables 11-2 and 11-3.  Here,
we are free from the need to be aegyptologists, since Someoneā„¢ did the
work for us.