Emoji Feature REquest: Show Composition Name in Transient Menus?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Emoji Feature REquest: Show Composition Name in Transient Menus?
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 06:55:45 -0700

This would be nice to have if one cannot see the screen when picking
an emoji. It might also make typing faster for everyone, see below.

Example: Shrug Emoji

This has a bunch of variants via composition.

C-x 8 RET nets you the vanilla Shrug: 🤷

But the newer variants aware emoji interface nets you a lot more, e.g.
🤷🏼
composition name: person shrugging: medium-light skin tone

Requests:

1. Could we surface the composition name in the transient choices?
Perhaps via some property?

2. Could we surface the composition name via completion when called
   with C-x 8 RET?

Which C-x = reveals is a

--

Thanks,