Re: [nongnu] main e7a6b32: * elpa-packages (haml-mode): Manually pin a v

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [nongnu] main e7a6b32: * elpa-packages (haml-mode): Manually pin a version
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 08:08:13 +0000

>>> +  ;; The version attribute is set to "0", yet the the maintainer(s?)
>>> +  ;; seem unresponsive (https://github.com/nex3/haml-mode/issues/40)
>>> +  ;; and thus the package isn't published on the main archive.  We
>>> +  ;; manually set the latest commit to a proper version number:
>>> +  :version-map ((nil "3.1.10" "bf5b6c11b1206759d2b28af48765e04882dd1fc4")))
>> It seems that despite pinning a release, no package was released on the
>> default archive?  This should be done to fix the incompatibility in
>> sass-mode dependency list.
>
> I believe I just fixed it (we'll see if the package gets released).
> The above map means "use 3.1.10 if there's no Version:".
> Of course, that doesn't fix issue #40 :-(

True, but it seems that haml-mode is practically abandoned.  The
maintainer is still active, but there appears to be no activity on their
Emacs Lisp packages.

And on the topic of broken packages, it seems color-theme-tangotango is
still part of NonGNU ELPA, even though I have removed it from
elpa-packages and (attempted to) deleted the branch.  Is there something
I am forgetting?

--
        Philip Kaludercic