elisp code to list interactive functions

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: elisp code to list interactive functions
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 09:08:26 +0100

Dear all,

I don't know if I'm right here but I don't find a group that is devoted
to elisp programming. I'm trying to write a little funtion that I can
call from emacsclient to get a list of interactive functions
available. The result shoud be a list of strings or just one string,
more or less what the *Completions* buffer displays when pressing
M-x followed by <TAB>. I'm sure there must be a very simple solution to
this but somehow I get lost in the code in simple.el on my search for
it.

Why am I doing this? Im currently trying to make i3wm and emacs more
aware of each other, because after 3 years of using exwm I'm now moving
back to using a dedicated WM. Nevertheless I want the WM to still feel
like Emacs, when I use it ;-)

Cheers,

        Alex