Re: master b811ad1: Improve behavior of 'electric-pair-mode' in 'cc-mode

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: master b811ad1: Improve behavior of 'electric-pair-mode' in 'cc-mode'
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 22:29:34 -0700

On 11/5/2021 9:21 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

commit b811ad15beeb4b96acb9d83b3a5770ef9f5fe172
Author: Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com>
Commit: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>

I'm seeing some intermittent test failures after this change (I think),
but it's frustratingly difficult to pin down.  It only seems to happen
when I say "make check-maybe", but not otherwise.

Is anybody else seeing this?

I see this too, but as you say, it only happens with "make check-maybe" (or when running electric-tests.el manually *after* "make check-maybe"). I can't reproduce it otherwise. If I check out the commit before this patch, the issue goes away though.

I'm not totally clear on what check-maybe does, but it seems to create some persistent state that causes the electric-tests to fail. The failure I see is in `whitespace-chomping-dont-cross-comments' for `c-mode', which would seem to point to my patch being the culprit, but if I'm understanding what that function is testing, everything works as it should when I try it out interactively.

- Jim