Re: [Request] Inclusion in emacs group for ELPA contribution

From: Noboru Ota
Subject: Re: [Request] Inclusion in emacs group for ELPA contribution
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 08:05:34 +0100

> I just took a look at it.

Stefan, thank you for taking the time to review and reply. Much appreciated.

> I see "louixs" contributed some code which seems to be just acceptable
> without paperwork, but it might be worth asking him to sign the
> paperwork anyway so we can accept any future contribution of his.
> Could you do that?

No problem.  louixs and I had an agreement regarding FSF copyright
assignment at the time of my accepting his pull request
(https://github.com/nobiot/org-transclusion/pull/82#issuecomment-861225958),
so I see no issues.  As it was a while ago (June this year),I will go
back to him to confirm again and ask him if he could do the paperwork.

> We're trying to reduce the (excessive) number of people who have write
> access to Emacs's Git repository (and we like to give it only after we
> have gotten to know the contributor and can feel confident that they
> will follow our coding conditions), but nowadays elpa.gnu.org is
> equipped to fetch updates from remote repositories, so we can add
> `org-transclusion` to GNU ELPA and you can keep updating it without
> needing to be included in the "emacs" group.

Good to know that this option is available.  I understand this policy and
I will be happy to keep using GitHub as a remote repository for
elpa.gnu.org.

> Adding org-transclusion to GNU ELPA looks definitely acceptable.
> Let me know when the FSF confirms reception of your paperwork so I'll
> add it then.

Thank you.  I will let you know once I have the FSF confirmation.  I
will also add the suggested lines in the .el files in the repository.

Thanks again.
Noboru