Re: master 370d403: Explain in the manual how to make `cursor-intangible

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 370d403: Explain in the manual how to make `cursor-intangible' work
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:08:45 -0500

>> Then again, you can also do:
>>
>>     (insert
>>      (propertize "xxxx" 'cursor-intangible t)
>>      (propertize "x"))
>
> Sure, but I thought it was more pedagogical with the rear-nonsticky.

I don't have a preference, but I feel like the text should try and
explain that there are options and that the example is just
one approach.  At the same time, it seems "out of scope".

I guess what I'm getting it is that we should not have to clarify this
here but should instead point to some other place that explains those
issues in general.

Maybe we should point out that the effect of the property is only
relevant on *positions* between chars, as defined by
`get-pos-property`.

>> or
>>
>>     (insert
>>      (propertize "xxxxx" 'cursor-intangible t 'rear-nonsticky t))
>
> Nope; doesn't work.

Bummer!

        Stefan