RE: [External] : Re: The new keymap functions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: The new keymap functions
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:25:39 +0000

> > The word "map" doesn't seem to contribute anything.
>
> Like I said before -- all these functions destructively modify a keymap,
> so having "keymap" emphasised in these functions makes sense to me.

`define-key' also changes a keymap.  We don't call it
`keymap-update', for a reason.  It's about defining a
key sequence.  Users think first and foremost in terms
of defining/setting/specifying/describing keys.  They
think about keymaps only when they have to, and as
"containers" for keys (key sequences).