Tick Reduction

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Tick Reduction
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:37:41 +0100

I'm wondering whether we should reduce the number of ‘’ marks in the
*Help* buffer.  Here's what it looks like today:

PNG image

The variable/function symbols are links and stand out on their own, and
the keys also have their own distinct faces.  Without them, this would
look like:

PNG image

I dunno.  We could skip the tick removal on displays that don't support
the relevant faces, of course.

It looks calmer without the ticks.

And, of course, we could also consider using proportional fonts for the
non-code prose bits:

PNG image

This makes the keys and the symbols stand out more clearly again.