Re: [External] : New key binding syntax

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : New key binding syntax
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 09:40:14 +0200

> From: Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu>
> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:05:12 +0100
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>, drew.adams@oracle.com
>
> > I am against making this change in Emacs.
>
> Why? everybody does that now and that’s strictly more recognizable for
> most of people (especially newcomers) nowadays

Does that mean you want us to go through all our manuals and the
tutorial, and change C-x and C-M-y into Ctrl+x and Ctrl+Alt+y?  And
then change all the key-binding APIs to accept the above notation as
well?  Because if we don't do that, there will be two very different
ways of specifying key sequences, and that will confuse newcomers even
more.