Re: Pixel scrolling support

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Pixel scrolling support
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:45:46 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Thanks, fixed and pushed.

> Please revert that and merge this into pixel-scroll.el instead.

Before I do that, I'd like to ask a small question: should I merge it
into `pixel-scroll-mode' as well, or keep the separate minor mode for
that?

Right now, `pixel-scroll-mode' works by setting
`mwheel-scroll-down-function' and friends, which doesn't quite work when
relying on information in precise wheel events, so I think it would be
best to define a separate mode, where the precise scrolling commands are
directly bound to the wheel events.

> And in the future, please wait for Lars or myself to respond when you
> ask such questions.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.