Re: Pixel scrolling support

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Pixel scrolling support
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 08:35:47 -0500

Po Lu [2021-11-26 11:06:30] wrote:
>> Looks OK to me, tho I wonder why you'd want to use a separate file
>> rather than add this directly in `mwheel.el`.
> I think it's out of scope for mwheel.el.

That sounds odd, seeing how it binds the same kind of events and
delegates to mwheel when the pixel info is not available.
I see someone else proposed `pixel-scroll.el`, which sounds OK as well.

We'll presumably also want to enable it by default eventually.

Also the discussion about it being "unEmacsy" because the user has no
control about the behavior suggest the code should obey
`mouse-wheel-scroll-amount`, `mouse-wheel-progressive-speed`, and
probably others.

Maybe its code should actually be split into `mwheel.el` and
`pixel-scroll.el`, but having its own dedicated file doesn't seem right.

        Stefan