File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:19:55 -0800

Please in the future can everyone take care to use the following file
name format in ChangeLog entries:

    * lisp/play/tetris.el: Foo.

Do not use any of these formats:

    [not the full file name:]

        * tetris.el: Foo.

    [missing suffix:]

        * lisp/play/tetris: Foo.

    [wrong suffix:]

        * doc/lispref/emacs.text: Foo.

    [not supported by our tools - patches welcome:]

        * lisp/play/{tetris,morse}.el: Foo.

    [last file not full file name]

        * etc/play/tetris.el, morse.el: Foo.

I recommend using `add-change-log-entry-other-window' bound to `C-x 4 a'
to get this right.

I've had to spend quite some time fixing up ChangeLog entries in
preparation of the Emacs 28 pretest, and as you can imagine this work is
both manual and time consuming.

Thanks in advance.