Re: Mouse wheel release events?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Mouse wheel release events?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:31:14 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Regardless of which mice support these events, they (the events) are
> touch events, not mouse events.  So I think we should name them as
> such, because someone in the future might add support for the full
> spectrum of touch events to Emacs.

We haven't explictly selected (asked the X server to send us) for
TouchEnded events, so what we receive is a special kind of motion event,
where the valuators are marked as modified, but there is no actual
change in valuator state.

> So wheel-release doesn't strike me as a good name.  What kind of touch
> event (or series of events) that emulates?

It's hard to tell.  With these mice, it is a single TouchEnd event, but
with a trackpad it could be a whole series of touch events.

Perhaps `touch-end' should suffice (specifically for the touch end
event, and not for the whole series of events, which we do not support
yet)?

Thanks.