Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?

From: dick
Subject: Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 08:00:16 -0500

PL> +  if (!keep_point_visible
PL> +      && (!w->cursor_visible_p
PL> +     || w->cursor.vpos == -1)
PL> +      && w->phys_cursor_on_p)

The display code is already rife with a hundred state variables, all of
which invite laborious combinations of if-clauses to accommodate
(something EZ is rather expert at), all of them sources of FUD and
puzzlement.

cursor_visible_p is yet another state indicator that multiplies the
state space by 2.  I can't oppose it (I can't seem to oppose anything)
if it will revive emacs's fortunes, but the state profileration really
galls.