Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:27:04 +0100

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> In fact, all I did notice was lots of warnings and significant delays
> whenever I updated packages.

The warnings is a common complaint.  Though it is a known problem and we
are thinking about how to address it.

(I find it makes Emacs unusable for the first couple of minutes in my
first session after recompiling from master, due to the large number of
warnings from third-party packages, so I feel your pain.)