Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the tar

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the target
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 13:12:31 +0100

Rudi C <rudiwillalwaysloveyou@gmail.com> writes:

Hi all,

> Okay, I have attached a new patch (no need for the previous patches).

since it seems that no progress has been made on this issue and the only
remaining stuff is just adapting the patch to our conventions, I
reworked Rudi's last version of the patch (while keeping him as the
author, of course).

Would the following be acceptable for master?  If so, I'd volunteer to
extend the dired docs wrt. the new feature.  (I have to confess I've
made the new option's name longer again but IMHO a slightly longer but
more descriptive name is no real burden.  Especially since it pairs with
dired-create-destination-dirs, it's good when it's named very
similarly.)

Thanks,
Tassilo