Re: sqlite3

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:50:51 +0000

> - the data is modified by several Emacs sessions at the same time.
> This second case is what can happen with `ecomplete` or `savehist`.

It seems that to make it work one always need a single “master” process
that have exclusive access to the file and serves all read/write request.
It can be a database process, but I think an Emacs itself can also perfectly
do the job, (ab)using collaborative editing. Basically all Emacsen
writes to a single collaborative buffer, and the crdt.el server is in charge
of writing out the file. Persistence and concurrent access is thus decoupled.
What do you think?

Best,
Qiantan