Re: Mutating existing persistent data

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Mutating existing persistent data
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 07:03:56 +0000

>> That’s interesting. If you declare a variable persistent
>> and the modified a cons deeply nested inside what the
>> variable points to, are you able to store the mutation
>> as a single (log operation)?
>
> No, I store the whole value.
It’s a persistent kv store then.
I think we can implement it painlessly in pure Lisp without sqlite3,
as in  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg00587.html

Maybe provide it as an (always available) backend for your sticky.el?
I also suspect sqlite3 won’t give any noticeable performance benefit
over plain Emacs Lisp, because you need to print s-expr for each
individual Lisp key/values anyway.