Re: Annoying error from tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Annoying error from tramp
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 16:32:39 +0100

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

Hi Andreas,

>> thanks for the traces. I've pushed a fix to master, which ought to fix
>> this.
>
> Since it's a regression, please put it on the branch as well.

It isn't a regression, the bug has been there for at least some years. I
have merged it in the tramp-2-5-stable branch in the Tramp repository,
which contains changes to be applied after the 28.1 release.

However, first I'd like to get your feedback whether it solves your
problem. And then, Eli or Lars might decide whether it is needed for the
release branch.

In summary, the problem happens if the remote machine has neither a
base64 program, nor Perl installed. Like your openwrt machine.

> Andreas.

Best regards, Michael.