Re: Odd gdb problem

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Odd gdb problem
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 21:33:26 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> SIGTRAP is normally the signal generated when the program hits a
> breakpoint, so this is strange: it looks like GDB received a spurious
> SIGTRAP that it couldn't associate with one of its breakpoints.  What
> does "info break" say inside GDB?

(gdb) info break
No breakpoints or watchpoints.

> One other idea I have is to say
>
>   (gdb) handle SIGTRAP stop print pass
>
> and see what happens then.  Maybe you will be able to see where does
> this SIGTRAP originate from.

(gdb) handle SIGTRAP stop print pass
SIGTRAP is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) y
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGTRAP       Yes       Yes     Yes             Trace/breakpoint trap
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/larsi/src/emacs/mystery/src/emacs

Program terminated with signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
The program no longer exists.

This is with a fresh checkout.  I'm starting to think there's a bug in
the version of gdb on Debian/bookworm that the current trunk is somehow
hitting.  Perhaps I should just try to bisect the current trunk -- this
started happening this past week.