Re: Signing git tags for releases

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Signing git tags for releases
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 14:06:33 -0800

> Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:
>
>> I would like to suggest that we start signing git tags in our
>> repository.  This would give greater confidence that a particular commit
>> is in fact the one corresponding to a particular release (e.g. the one
>> with some security fix and not an older one).
>
> I'm in favour -- I think many (most?) larger projects do it this way
> now.  But I have no idea whether there's any drawbacks.

There have been no other comments within a week, besides the one from
Teemu Likonen who spotted a mistake in the patch I proposed.

If anyone has anything more to add here, there is still some time to
speak up before it is time for the second pretest.  If I don't see any
further comments until then, I will go ahead with the proposed plan.

Thanks.