Re: LOCK-BUFFER when two buffer visits the same buffer

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: LOCK-BUFFER when two buffer visits the same buffer
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:29:48 +0100

Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu> writes:

> I do lock-buffer in the first buffer, then in the second buffer, and I
> killed the second buffer, the lock is gone — even it seems that buffer
> one should hold the lock!

More details, please.  Do you just call (lock-buffer) or (lock-buffer
"~/file")?  One emacs instance or two?

As I understand the docs, file locks are not associated with a buffer
but the emacs instance and (lock-buffer) is just a shorthand for

  (when (buffer-modified-p)
    (lock-file (buffer-file-name)))

Bye,
Tassilo