Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:54:03 +0100

Le merkredo, 15-a de decembro 2021, 13-a horo kaj 44:48 CET Óscar Fuentes
a écrit :
> The scenario of someone sneaking in a non-free SQLite extension against
> the user's wishes is a bit far-fetched, to say the least. So we are
> wasting a lot of energy worrying about how to effectively inconvenience
> our users for "protecting" them from an unlikely event no matter how
> much limitations are imposed on the feature being discussed. I thought
> that the gcc/llvm debacle would be understood at this point.

Many systems have been showed to disrespect users’ choice that way.  It’s
a little stretched for debian, impossible for trisquel, but imaginable on
ubuntu, and likely under mac os x, ios, windows and android (and these are
way more used).