Re: move_it_vertically_backward question

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: move_it_vertically_backward question
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:34:40 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What would such a primitive be used for, except for your specific use
> case?

I can't think of any offhand, but I can't think of any other use case
for the modification to the `from' parameter of `window-text-pixel-size'
either.

> Since ascent+descent are the line height, I don't understand why this
> would be useful.

In this case, we don't want the line height of the line up to TO
(because window start might be inside a line, such as in Info buffers
and when there is a line-prefix property).

Thanks.