Re: Touchscreen support

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Touchscreen support
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 20:36:20 +0800

> What I don't understand is why we need to (re)implement this.  I mean,
> obvious all other applications will want/need something similar, so
> isn't there some standard library offering the functionality already?

There isn't one we can acceptably use on X, and the other platforms
(such as GTK and NS) offer very different meanings of what constitutes a
"gesture" which are difficult to abstract around in a useful manner.

Other cross-platform programs I examined such as Mozilla Firefox also
implement gesture recognition from scratch.

Thanks.