Re: sqlite3

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:11:36 +0100 (CET)

Late to the party, but here's my take anyway.

Where has this feature been?  Although databases can be considered luxury
software, they are the right way to do persistent storage if available.
They are rigorously researched and ubiquitous for a reason.  "It it is
mostly automated but I still sometimes edit the data file manually" is
not a healthy habit.  There exists of course configuration files that are
meant to be edited manually, but I wouldn't call them persistent storage.
I just hope SQLite's passive-aggressive licensing won't crush our dreams.