Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:11:17 +0200

On 22.12.2021 18:45, Theodor Thornhill wrote:

On 22 December 2021 16:22:46 CET, Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>  wrote:
On 22.12.2021 18:16, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
As for the mailing list, it is just for demo.
That's too bad: low accessibility of the mailing lists for the average user
will remain a barrier for participation.
Not sure if I understand what you mean. I converted some mails from emacs-devel to show what it would look like. The list is functional. It can be used or not, improvements can be made:)

Well I hope if we do switch to SourceHut, we would be able to migrate the mailing lists as well.

The threading feature in there seems less reliable than on Mailman, but that seems fixable.

OTOH, a better search and the "Reply to thread" button should at least be a step toward being more approachable.