Re: Variable pitch mode line

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Variable pitch mode line
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:16:43 +0200

> BTW: I would love to have pixel-filled, variable pitch info docs.
> `variable-pitch-mode' in info has the bad effect that also code samples
> or ASCII art [like the cons box&arrows in (info "(elisp) Building
> Lists")] then use the variable pitch font and misalign.

The only way to reliably support variable pitch in the Info reader
is by using HTML output from Texinfo and rendering it with eww/shr.

But the problem is that most GNU/Linux distributions still don't include
Info manuals in the HTML format alongside with the Info format.
Thus we are stuck with monospaced Info manuals forever.