Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 20:17:53 +0100 (CET)

Dec 25, 2021, 22:12 by eliz@gnu.org:

>> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 20:08:56 +0100 (CET)
>> From: xenodasein@tutanota.de
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> Instead, the actual change contributed was primarily a way to disable
>> package.el.
>>

> ??? The change we are talking about was to introduce the early-init
> file, which AFAIU makes the lives of package.el users easier.

It also makes display related configurations easier.  This is only my
observation
as to why author of straight.el contributed this patch.  If I am wrong, they
would need to have a very good reason for not contributing it directly as
an improvement to Emacs.  My argument is that that reason couldn't have
been "hardness of changing Emacs."