Re: master f6da1eed74: Properly report errors about unbound ERT test sym

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master f6da1eed74: Properly report errors about unbound ERT test symbols.
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:45:52 +0100

Philipp <p.stephani2@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Philipp,

>>> +*** Unbound test symbols now signal an 'ert-test-unbound' error.
>>> +This affects the 'ert-select-tests' function and its callers.
>>
>> Shouldn't this be documented in doc/lispref/errors.texi
>
> That only documents the most common/important error symbol, and the new one
> is neither common nor important enough.

Good point.

>> and/or
>> doc/misc/ert.texi?
>
> That doesn't even document ert-select-tests.
> I've mentioned it now in the docstring of ert-select-tests.

Thanks!

In general, the ERT manual is very short, and it also doesn't document
the other error symbols as well (ert-test-failed and
ert-test-skipped). Sometimes, it would helped me to write some code
around ert functions, but likely there are not so many people doing it
like me.

So let it be ...

Best regards, Michael.