RE: [External] : emacs-28 windows binaries available from alpha

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : emacs-28 windows binaries available from alpha
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 17:08:40 +0000

> > > Happening where?
> >
> > In the problem I reported.  I thought Corwin was
> > suggesting that it didn't try to load the ELC
> > and then compile it to ELN.
>
> In the problem you reported here:...
> indeed Emacs didn't try to compile the .elc file to a .eln.
>
> Like I said: yours was a different situation, not
> the one about which Dieter asked his question.

I'm not really interested in a fruitless
back & forth.  A final attempt to clarify
what seems to have confused you about my
"Isn't that what's happening?" question.

I didn't reply to a question from Dieter.
I replied to a post by Corwin, who seemed
to be saying that Emacs didn't try to
load the ELC.  Whether or not that's what
Corwin said or meant isn't at issue.  I'm
explaining why I asked him that question
at that point.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-02/msg00201.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-02/msg00203.html

Yours was apparently a different part of the
overall discussion, with Dieter (?).  You
then jumped in to ask me about my "Isn't that
what's happening?" reply to Corwin, with your
"Happening where?".  I replied to clarify, in
the context of my reply to Corwin.

Perhaps your idea of "what's happening" was
something different from what I referred to.
IOW, perhaps we simply misunderstood what
each other was talking about.

How about we don't waste any more time on
this back & forth.  Fair enough?