RFC: adding erc-hide-lines to GNU ELPA

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: RFC: adding erc-hide-lines to GNU ELPA
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:39:56 -0600

Hi Emacs devotees,

The forwarded message describes a "new" module for ERC. I sending on
to this list as an "RFC" regarding adding this to GNU ELPA.

Based on the discussion so far, we think publishing it separately for
now (via GNU ELPA) may be nice.  This could let us improve the feature
via feedback from more people, while we work on what may be a long
discussion regarding integrating it with ERC, proper.  As context,
there is some sense this approach may eventually supplement or even
replace several features currently deeply ingrained in ERC, such as
for discarding messages and channel activity tracking.

TIA for comments and feedback of any type, but especially your views
on adding this to ELPA.

Corwin