Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and org-mode)?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 14:51:35 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2021-11-22 17:01]:
> > Ok, thanks for the clarification RMS.
> > Anybody else: is this settled, then?
>
> If Richard is OK with it, it's good enough for me.

Why is then NonGNU ELPA included, but to avoid packages made solely to
interact with proprietary software.

If Richard is OK with including such packages, he may be so. I am
surprised, but I follow free software principles by RMS, not his
individual reasoning, which I find in this case incorrect.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman