Re: [ELPA] New package: nspawn-tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: nspawn-tramp
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 14:37:34 +0100

Brian Cully <bjc@spork.org> writes:

Hi Brian,

>       On a personal note, I'm not willing to maintain this code if
>       it's integrated directly into Tramp, because I don't feel that
>       I currently have the needed expertise to do so.

Well, this is not mandatory for you. There are Tramp citizens, which were
written by somebody else, and which are maintained by the Tramp
maintainer now. See for example tramp-adb.el.

>       I've assigned copyright to the FSF, however, so if someone wants
>       to take the code and integrate it with Tramp, rather than
>       maintain a separate package, they are free to do so and have my
>       blessing.

It's a while ago that I have played with containers. So I don't believe
I will be the guy who puts this package into Tramp proper. Personally, I
can live with both approaches, an integrated package or a GNU ELPA
package.

> -bjc

Best regards, Michael.