Re: ical feeds for diary: why does icalendar.el always import to a file?

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: ical feeds for diary: why does icalendar.el always import to a file?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 21:36:58 +0100

Am 10.02.2022 um 12:15 (+0000) schrieb Hugo Heagren:

> It seems to me that it would be easier to just import the data into a
> buffer and keep it there. Does anyone if there was an original reason
> /not/ to do this?

IIRC the original reason that icalendar.el offers import to file only
was that it appeared to be sufficient.  It simply looked as if there was
no need to import to buffers.  If there is a use case that works better
with a buffer instead of a file then that is a good reason to add that
functionality.

Best,
ulf