Re: Installing packages and (invalid-read-syntax "#<")

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Installing packages and (invalid-read-syntax "#<")
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:59:22 -0800

>> For several weeks, every time I update packages I get the error below.
>> Recently it seems to be raised once per package updated. Does anyone
>> know what might be causing this?
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#<")
>>   signal(invalid-read-syntax ("#<"))
>
> What's in the buffer when you get this?

Which buffer do you mean? I see this when running an update from
*Packages*. I hit "U", it starts doing its thing, and then raises these
errors from the process sentinel. The actual update/installation seems
to succeed just fine, and it goes on to update/install the next package
successfully, usually followed by this error again.