Re: EMBA notifications?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: EMBA notifications?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 10:08:28 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> I wonder what took us so long, though.  Was the test suite really that
> unreliable?

The configuration on EMBA isn't a common one, so while most people had a
clean build, it would fail there.  That, combined with there being so
many tests that were already failing gives people less of an impetus
towards fixing build failures there, because it seems kinda hopeless.  I
think.

> As for the emails, I think interested people should just subscribe to
> the buildstatus list.

Now that there aren't routine failures all the time, subscribing to the
list makes sense (or read it via gmane.emacs.buildstatus, which I'm now
doing), but I don't think we can rely on people doing that.