Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 23:28:24 +0100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 04:58:27PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Currently in my code only the "symbol" alternative is supported. Adding
string is simple to implement, but I suppose there is some API I am not
aware of to support the other cases and I don't want to reinvent the
wheel.

There's no real API for it, AFAIK.  Just put that value on the
`face` property and that's that.

       Stefan

Hi Stefan:

I tried some of those approached and that didn't work for me... I'm
pretty sure I did something wrong, but any way I don't have plenty time
to do that now... Do we have at least some function to validate the
value?  I mean like facep but that checks it is a valid face name, a
correct plist or a cons with a valid car? How the other functions around
validate that the values received are valid??