Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:10:29 +0100

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:46:37 +0100
From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
Cc: larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org, juri@linkov.net

BTW Eli:

Some of the new and old completions customs have some name miss-matches:
some of them are called completion-something and some others are
completions-something in plural.

There are some of them with `:group 'completion` while others don't have
that... could you please check if the names could be standardized and
may be added to the right group??

Specially the options I added I am not sure if they are well named and
for sure they don't have a group name...

For options just added it might be possible, but for options that
exist for a while, I'm not sure renaming them is a good idea, or is
even practical.

For the new ones, feel free to suggest renaming.

I suggest 2 things:

1) add the group field for all of them

2) use completionS in plural and declare the old ones that are in
singular deprecated alias for the new ones... and keep them there for
the next 10 years... the intention is to make things uniform and easier
to find (either throw completions or the custom interface...)